Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Books Read in One Sitting

Damage Done | Everything, Everything | The Fangirl's Guide | Deathly Hallows | We Were Liars

These are the books that I read cover to cover in basically one sitting (or at least under 24hrs).

The only one that really needs explanation is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (though I could have said any Harry Potter book). After the first three were out they started doing midnight release parties and such and each year I begged to get the book at midnight and sat up and read the book until I couldn't read any more (which was around 5 am), sleep for a few hours and continued until I was done. I devoured the HP books with my eyes.

All of the other books are relatively short and took me less than 6 hours to read.

What books have you read in one sitting/less than 24 hours?

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. Here in Brazil we didn't had that release parties. In fact, we still didn't have books/comics release parties at night. Sometimes a book store does a small thing, but it's rare.
    Anyway, congratulations on reading HP that fast =D

    Thiago - Doctor Corgi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah over here in the US midnight release parties for the HP and Twilight books were a big thing! I don't think any of the other book series get so much hype like that any more. Thanks for leaving a comment!

      Delete