Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Reading Challenges/Goals

Each year I do some kind of reading challenge to make me think about the books I want to read in the up coming year. I do not keep a TBR shelf separate from my read shelves they all intermingle on my three bookshelves and because of this it is sometimes necessary for me to make a list of books that I want to read/need to read because I haven't read them yet.

This year's challenges that I have signed up for are:

The A-Z reading challenge hosted by the Young Adult Book Club
The Around the Year in 52 Books Challenge - my plans can be found here.


Some of my personal reading goals are:

  • read at least 5 classics
  • read 5 debut author books
  • read 2 books by local authors 
  • read at least 1 kindle book a month
  • listen to at least 1 audio book a month
  • finish 5 different series (2 or more books)
  • Meet my goodreads challenge of 52 books read
Another one of my personal goals is to cut back on my book buying. I am currently subscribed to Uppercase box and Owlcrate which will give me my monthly fix of new releases so the only other books I really need to purchase is any books in a series I am currently keeping up on. I am working on coming up with a system for book buying and making sure that I am not buying more books than I will ever actually read.

Now, though I have all of these lofty reading goals and challenges that I would love to complete I also need to remember to not to stress about these goals. If I don't meet them, oh well. I want a challenge but I also can't forfeit my career or my health just to meet these goals. I still want reading to be fun and enjoyable for me and a way for me to relieve stress after a long day at work. 

I am really excited to get started on these challenges and I think that these challenges will help me read more diversely as well as help me cut down my TBR pile.

I would love to hear about what challenges or goals you have set for yourself and we can cheer each other on throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment